Re: 40m Net

Dave Benson

Jeff-

If someone's not being heard, you can get NCS's attention and send 'QSP',meaning 'relay'. When acknowledged by NCS, you send their call..  Assuming it's an informal net, the weak station will get credit for the check-in  ('QNI')

In general, listening to a few net sessions will give you a feel for how it flows.  If it's a traffic-oriented net, there's more to know, and resources should be available online.

73- Dave

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:01 PM Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:
Speaking of relays... and also freely admitting I'm not at all proficient with net check-in procedures...

Can someone describe how relays work? I guess I'd like to read a description of how it works, both as the "station who cannot be heard by NCS" and as the potential relay station.

I can imagine things getting rather chaotic :-) but I also know there must be a logical way for this to happen.

Thanks,
Jeff N0̸MII

On Jan 28, 2019, at 5:34 PM, jleahy00 via Groups.Io <jleahy00@...> wrote:

Bill,

Probably the only way to get more checked in is to have other ears and either relay or conduct the net by regions ?   I guess others hear me but not you.  If I was proficient I probably could relay for them/ you, but I’m not.

Hey, What do I know, I can just about get my Call out ?

 Don’t be discouraged it should get better.

John
KK4ITX

--
Jeff N0̷MII