Re: 40m Net

dekle <dekle@...>

Hi Jeff,

Well here's what I do for relays:

When I call "CQ 4S NET" and get no replies, I send

"NIL ANY QSP ?  K". (I may do this at two different times - once after the first QNI list is generated and later, when the list is exhausted and I get no additional replies.

At that point, if you hear a station that I didn't hear, you can send

"(Your Call)  QSP".

That tells me you hear someone. Then I will send "QSP GA".

At that point you QSO with the station you heard and get his (or her) information. (Note to the station that needs the relay - this is not the time to tell your life's story - just your name, QTH, RST for both the relaying station and the NCS, and a TNX to the relaying station will do.) Then the relaying station will call the NCS with the info. Something like this - "KV6Z de N0MII   Gertrude in Cleveland, Ohio sez ur 229 and I am 579 / AR de NoMII k. I will acknowledge the receipt of the info and then I will either call CQ 4S Net again, ask for additional QSPs, or conclude the net - whichever is appropriate.

73

Bill

KV6Z

On 28/01/2019 6:01 pm, Jeff Logullo N0̸MII wrote:

Speaking of relays... and also freely admitting I'm not at all proficient with net check-in procedures...

Can someone describe how relays work? I guess I'd like to read a description of how it works, both as the "station who cannot be heard by NCS" and as the potential relay station.

I can imagine things getting rather chaotic :-) but I also know there must be a logical way for this to happen.

Thanks,
Jeff N0̸MII

On Jan 28, 2019, at 5:34 PM, jleahy00 via Groups.Io <jleahy00@...> wrote:

Bill,

Probably the only way to get more checked in is to have other ears and either relay or conduct the net by regions ?   I guess others hear me but not you.  If I was proficient I probably could relay for them/ you, but I'm not.

Hey, What do I know, I can just about get my Call out ?

 Don't be discouraged it should get better.

John
KK4ITX

--
Jeff N0̷MII