Re: 40m Net

Tim N9PUZ

The RF Gain control is the unsung here of any full featured radio. New hams are constantly amazed at turning up the volume and riding the RF Gain control to listen to other stations.

Tim / N9PUZ

On 1/30/2019 1:19 AM, Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io wrote:
# Tangent.  The following is a tangent.  Stop now if you’ve already had enough! #

Having said all that, I discovered working last month that what “the old timers” say about dealing with noise.  We are all used to cranking the AF gain to try to hear signals.  That works fine on upper bands, but on 60, 80, and 160, the adjustment should be primarily through the RF gain.