Re: First soldering project

Gwen Patton

I got a multi-crystal switch board and a bunch of crystals from "possumlodge" on Ebay. He's very responsive to questions, and his prices are good. I got 40m crystals for my Pixies, 80m for my Cricket 80a and my old Tixie, and some 30m crystals for my Cricket 30. The Pixie Switch board can work with any of them, so I may get some more of those switch kits.

Here's possumlodge's page on Ebay:

73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 5:57 PM d balfour <davesters@...> wrote:
My wife ke0qfr wanted a project to practice soldering on. I suggested that she try the Pixie.

Seemed like most Chinese distributed kits contained a 7.023 mc crystal. Out of band for a General. We both scoured the web and found one on Ebay that includes a socket and a selection of crystals. https://www.ebay.com/itm/40M-CW-Pixie-Kit-transceiver-with-7-023-30-35-40-45-48-50-55MHz-FREE-SHIP/162514488637 The distributor is US based, should have delivery in a few days. I found an altoids tin a  case.

She has been working on ditties for some time and although she is not ready for much of a qso, is getting there.
73
Dave
k0mbt

--