Re: First soldering project

Dave W0DCX

I am new to 4SQRP group and have been learning a lot from following some of these email threads, so thanks all.

This Pixie kit looks like a ton of fun for the money. Can someone tell me the power output?

73,
Dave
W0DCX

On Feb 2, 2019, at 4:57 PM, d balfour <davesters@...> wrote:

My wife ke0qfr wanted a project to practice soldering on. I suggested that she try the Pixie.

Seemed like most Chinese distributed kits contained a 7.023 mc crystal. Out of band for a General. We both scoured the web and found one on Ebay that includes a socket and a selection of crystals. https://www.ebay.com/itm/40M-CW-Pixie-Kit-transceiver-with-7-023-30-35-40-45-48-50-55MHz-FREE-SHIP/162514488637 The distributor is US based, should have delivery in a few days. I found an altoids tin a case.

She has been working on ditties for some time and although she is not ready for much of a qso, is getting there.
73
Dave
k0mbt