Re: First soldering project

David Wilcox

Also try John, KC9ON, at 3rd Planet Solar over in Gaylord, MI. He has tons of crystals and also a switch board to use many crystals and just switch between them. HW 8 stuff and repair, among many other things for hams.

Dave K8WPE

On Feb 2, 2019, at 5:57 PM, d balfour <davesters@...> wrote:

My wife ke0qfr wanted a project to practice soldering on. I suggested that she try the Pixie.

Seemed like most Chinese distributed kits contained a 7.023 mc crystal. Out of band for a General. We both scoured the web and found one on Ebay that includes a socket and a selection of crystals. https://www.ebay.com/itm/40M-CW-Pixie-Kit-transceiver-with-7-023-30-35-40-45-48-50-55MHz-FREE-SHIP/162514488637 The distributor is US based, should have delivery in a few days. I found an altoids tin a case.

She has been working on ditties for some time and although she is not ready for much of a qso, is getting there.
73
Dave
k0mbt