Re: First soldering project

WA0ITP

Don't forget the Cricket family.
http://www.4sqrp.com/cricket30.php
https://www.tindie.com/products/NM0S_qrp/cricket-80a-minimalist-80m-cw-transceiver/

They are very easy to build and are competent little transceivers. Far more so than the Pixie's, IMHO.  I have built several Pixies over the years but have been unable make reliable contacts with them.  OTOH I have 26 Qs on my Cricket 80 and hold Cricketeer certificate #2 http://www.4sqrp.com/kits/Night_Insect/cricketsociety.html

Check out the Crickets and have fun.

72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 2/3/2019 10:18 AM, Neil Goldstein wrote:

Dave,

If you like the idea of the Pixie, but want a more usable version, try the one from Nightfire Electronics:
http://vakits.com/catalog/ham-radio-kits
They sell an improved version of the Pixie that comes with your choice of crystals on better frequencies for US Hams.

Also, Rex from QRPme sells an easy-build version of his Tuna Tun Transmitter for beginners.  A little more $$ than the Pixie, but well designed and supported:
http://qrpme.com/?p=product&id=EZB

--Neil, W2NDG
http://www.radiokitgiude.com