Re: First soldering project

Carl Gansen

Hello Dave,

The "spurs" that you see are DSP artifacts from the way I tapped into the IF of the Orion.  I have since moved from an IF tap on to a SDRplay RX with an MFJ-1708SDR switching box and using the SDRplay version of HDSDR for my panadapter display.  It is a much cleaner option than what I was using when those videos were recorded.  Those DSP artifacts are well ouside of the IF filtering skirts and I was tapped in pre-filtering to get as wide a display as possible.  First attempts often have some ugly warts.

72
Carl WB0CFF