Re: 40m Net

Tom Brown

Bill,
I wasn't able to listen at 6:00 due to xyl dinner call. I listened for you from 7:10 to 7:15 without hearing you so shut down. I didn't try at 8:00 because my past attempts over the last several months were never successful that late in the evening.

I specifically sent my power report because I copied your previous contact telling you he was not qrp so figured you might be interested to know I was qrp.

It was good to hear you and get the QNI.
73,
Tom W0MFQ

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 8:39 PM dekle <dekle@... wrote:
Interesting night. I called the net 4 times as an experiment and here are the results:

5 pm CST  -  3 QNIs
     KK4ITX     John     FL
     KA5JRX    Bob     GA     Not a member and running 80w
     W0MFQ    Tom     MO    Running 5w

6 pm CST   -   0 QNIs

7 pm CST   -   0 QNIs

8 pm CST   -   3 QNIs
     KO8S/4     Karl     FL
     AB4QL      Barry   AL
     KK4ITX     John     FL

I had to pull the plug in the middle of the 8 pm Net QSO with KK4ITX due to lightning in the area.
I suspect I may have gotten other QNIs on the 8 pm Net.

The QSO with W0MFQ is notable - he was the only QRP close-in station but there is not enough data to demonstrate that a time shift for the net is warranted.
Probably best to keep the net at 8 pm CST.

73
Bill
KV6Z