Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40m Net

Hey Bill !

I was wondering why you went QRT so quickly....... thought it was something I said or was trying to say !  I am running 5w with my FT-450D, 35.5 ft endfed Inv. V at only 18ft at the apex AGL.  You are 969 miles at 309 deg. from me.  My ant. is not pure inverted V but a lazy one.

FWIW your signal was better at 8 CST than at 5 CST.  I copied KA5JRX well as you might expect 80w at 433 miles.

I guess that you need to know how many tried vs how many were successful to figure much out from the results.  As you know, I was busy during the 6 & 7 Nets, almost stayed home from cards but glad I didn't 'cause I won 50 cents !

Thanks for letting me try to learn CW on your nickel.

73,

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison