Re: 4SQRP Second Sunday Sprint - Sun, 02/10/2019 7:00pm-9:00pm #cal-reminder

John Lonigro

Kent:
I've known that for a while.  That's one reason we don't use UTC.  It doesn't make sense for the "Second Sunday Sprint" to fall on a Monday.  We could change the name to the "SMS" instead of "SSS", except the second Monday doesn't always follow the second Sunday and, in my opinion, that would be even more confusing.

72,

John, AA0VE

On 2/10/19 9:13 PM, KENT TRIMBLE wrote:
John, you missed his point.  The date for the Sprint changes to Monday, February 11th, when you give it in UTC.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV

On Feb 10, 2019, at 6:37 PM, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

Chas:
That's correct.  0100-0300 UTC whenever the Midwest is on Central STANDARD Time, which is NOW.

This is a reminder for everyone to enter his score before Tuesday night, which is when I intend to enter the results into my spreadsheet, make the February certificate, and announce the winner for the month.

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

On 2/10/19 4:50 PM, w2sh@... wrote:
Universal Time span is 0100-0300, 11 February.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH