Re: Inexpensive DMR

KB9BVN -

Walt,

As complex and intricate as DMR is to set up on one of these HT's...I would guess that's highly unlikely.
As for me...I'm sticking to good old hand sent CW on HF.

At least this Baofeng model is dual time slot...the other "DMR" rig they had was only single time slot...making it almost useless.

de KB9BVN

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 8:01 AM Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:
((I am not advocating this company or a purchase))

Looking at R&L Electronics yesterday and today they are advertising a DMR Baofeng DM-1801 for $54.95! REALLY!

Google search of the DM-1801 shows even WalMart is selling them among a large number of vendors.

Not raining on anyone's parade, but is DMR going to be the next CB radio?

73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png

--
73 de KB9BVN
Brian Murrey