Re: Inexpensive DMR

Tim McDonough N9PUZ

I do not know anything about this radio but if you are considering it do your research. At one time the Baofeng DMR radios did NOT do the DMR Tier 2 that is required to use a lot of the talk groups.

I will admit to not having kept up with a lot of this, just want to warn people to be careful.

Tim N9PUZ

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 7:01 AM Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:
((I am not advocating this company or a purchase))

Looking at R&L Electronics yesterday and today they are advertising a DMR Baofeng DM-1801 for $54.95! REALLY!

Google search of the DM-1801 shows even WalMart is selling them among a large number of vendors.

Not raining on anyone's parade, but is DMR going to be the next CB radio?

73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png