Re: Hilltopper 20 Weirdness

Dave Benson

Brian-

If I read that right, are you adding the CAL jumper *after* power is applied? That doesn't work- the firmware looks for the jumper only at power-up.

It should work properly if you install the CAL jumper and *then* power up.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 8:29 AM KB9BVN - <kb9bvn@...> wrote:
I have a Hilltopper 20, and it's being odd.

It powers up and gives me the 60r0 just fine.  I transmit and it it's transmitting on 14062.

So I followed the alignment procedure in the docs, moved the jumper to CAL and tried adjusting per the instructions...but it seems like the EPROM isn't storing the new offset.

I just got the radio on Friday, and it was built by a very experienced builder, and he was making QSOs with it before he sent it to me.  So maybe something happened in shipping...I don't know or care. I am happy with the radio and I am keeping it...just want to get it figured out.

20m was dead to me all weekend, so tonight I hope to have time to set up my sig gen and see if it is hearing where it transmits.  I almost wonder if maybe the RIT is stuck on...but not even sure about that.   I have a K1 and K2 to use for verifying things as well.

Any ideas where to start?

--
73 de KB9BVN
Brian Murrey