Re: ADV: Re: [4SQRP] Important reminder

John Lonigro

I'm starting to be sorry I started all of this.  All I wanted to do was remind people the sprint time has not changed due to DST, as long as you use your normal clock, not UTC.

A little bit of history: Time zones were invented around 1883, in response to the increasing popularity of train travel.  Before then, noon local time in each town was when the sun was the highest in the sky.  You could use your sundial (on a sunny day) and determine pretty accurately when it was noon.  The only problem was, for example, noon in Kansas City didn't occur at the same instant as noon in St. Louis.  When train travel became popular, people wanted to know when the train would arrive so they wouldn't miss it.  The poor conductor had to reset his watch at virtually every stop.  So congress created time zones and the rest of the world soon followed suit.

Final reminder:  The SSS is coming this Sunday.  I won't even attempt to remind you of the time (hi)!

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

On 3/8/19 7:50 AM, W0MQY wrote:
Johnny, I wish I knew if we even have a vote.  I would sure do my best to vote and get others to vote as well.
72/73  joe  W0MQY

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, 12:14 Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
I’m on board, where do we vote?

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 9:19 AM Dick Hammond <n0tgr2@...> wrote:
I don't dig DST either Joe.  Let's abolish it.
Dick.  n0tgr

--
What a great improvement,  Yahoo just didn't work for me.  Dick,  n0tgr
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com