Re: $2.00 Bills

Thomas Martin

This is a little different but my wife had a video showing two young people trying to use a rotary dial phone. We older people would really enjoy the things they went through trying to use the phone they comments from them were great.
It’s sad with all the research available that some people just don’t get 2.00 bills zinc pennies rotary phones stuff I took for granted growing up

On Mar 8, 2019, at 1:15 PM, Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@...> wrote:

I was in our local Fred Meyer (Kroger) store last week.  The older lady clerk commented to me that she had kept an old style $20 bill in her register for some time and decided to get rid of it.  She said she handed it to a younger (20 maybe) kid.  She said the customer came unglued and accused her or intentionally handing out counterfeit money!  She called her manager over who also tried to explain to the kid that it was in fact real money, just older but he refused to accept it and said he was going to report them to the police!

I am not a coin collector but suspect the old style $20 is worth more than $20 (maybe not much but still worth more to a collector).  I suspect the same thing would happen if someone these days received a 1943 penny (you know,  the ones that were not made out of copper but were made out of tin or something).  I will bet it will get thrown away like a Canadian penny would here since banks won't take them (at least most banks here won't accept Canadian coins or money).

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

On 3/8/2019 9:52 AM, Stephen Myers via Groups.Io wrote:
I am down here in Panama and when someone request a QSL card, they usually put money in it to cover the cost of postage. On two different occasions, I have rec $2.00 bills. I have them taped to my computer here in the "shack". I often wonder what the clerk would do if I tried to "pass" them! As I am not fluent in Spanish, I would have a hard time trying to explain my way out of the situation.

73's
Steve
de HP9SAM