Re: $2.00 Bills

Dennis Shelton

In England, ten years ago, they always gave me one pound coins instead
of paper money. they even have a 2 pound coin.

On 3/8/2019 9:22 PM, David Lininger wrote:
For many years now my b-i-l gives each of us two $2 bills as part of our
Christmas gifts. Over the years we've spent them at various places. So
far no one has questioned them.

Part of the reason the Susan B. Anthony dollar coins failed was that
they were too close in size to quarters. The machines would reject them
when the customer would try to use one in place of a quarter, and few
machines were set up to handle them even when the price of the product
was more than a dollar. The new generation of machines accept bills and
can even give change, so there is little need for the dollar coins.

Yes, I do still have some silver dollars.

On 8/3/19 19:01, Rob via Groups.Io wrote:
$2 bills is real money.

I used to keep a lot of them when I was driving because my turnpike toll
one way to work was $2.55  so I would wrap a 50 cent piece and a nickel
into a folded triangle made of  a $2 bill and hand it to the toll booth
guy and drive off with him thinking I short changed him every time.
He would look at one paper bill and two coins and be pretty certain that
could not be $2.55 and he would hit the alarm bell.... the one that said
...we get to chase you for skipping the toll.

I would also use the $2 bills to tip the waitress at the Chinese buffet.

And of course she would run around showing everybody in the kitchen the
fake money someone passed her....

and then the owners approached me and scolded me for fake money.

It took a while but they figured it out.

On 03/08/2019 12:52 PM, Stephen Myers via Groups.Io wrote:
I am down here in Panama and when someone request a QSL card, they
usually put money in it to cover the cost of postage. On two different
occasions, I have rec $2.00 bills. I have them taped to my computer
here in the "shack". I often wonder what the clerk would do if I tried
to "pass" them! As I am not fluent in Spanish, I would have a hard
time trying to explain my way out of the situation.

73's
Steve
de HP9SAM