Re: OzarkCon 2019

David Wilcox

God Bless folks like you.  I tremble at the thought of giving a prepared speech.  At our hospital we had a great pathologist who would meet with us at lunch time.  No matter what the question he kept us enthralled at the black board explaining some esoteric facet of medicine........ also kept our minds off the standard hospital fare we were eating.  Wish there were more like him today.

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Mar 13, 2019, at 12:20 PM, Jeff Collins <w7grv@...> wrote:

Dear Walter,

    I have been to enough other types of conferences to know things can move quick or slow.

    I was once asked to speak at a conference (I am an award winning e-commerce expert) with 10 minutes notice because the person that was supposed to speak did not show up. When I asked why I was picked, I was told I was the only one there that could pull it off with 10 minutes notice (got the best seminar reviews of the conference). At another conference I was asked to be on a panel discussion because of a no show, but I had a two hour notice to do that one. So  I know the trials and tribulations of putting these things on. There are never any hiccups or issues. :)

    If it works out there is a spot, then great. If not...not a big deal. Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring in case something opens up.

Thank you,

Jeffrey R. Collins - W7GRV
FCC(SW) USN, Ret.
BS, EMT-P, FF I/II
Training Oficer -
Birch Tree Volunteer Fire and Rescue
Member of Missouri Region G HazMat Team
On 3/13/2019 10:56 AM, Walter - K5EST wrote:
OK Jeff, I have your email and name on my magic paper pad!

Trouble is, things  move so fast that we will not know if someone
does not show up for the  Build-A-Thon until 7:30 PM on Friday night.

Thanks for the e-note.......see you in Branson!

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:42 AM Jeff Collins <w7grv@...> wrote:
Dear All,

     I have not been on the radio much due to health issues. In fact I
had neck surgery two weeks ago today.

     All signed up for the conference. I had to wait to make sure I
would be up to it.

     If there is a waiting list for kit building and other such things,
could someone please put me on the list in case someone does not make it.

     I am taking scroll saw and lathe turning lessons in Branson then
heading over to the conference.