Re: DMR at Ozarkcon

Frank Perkins

Gary, Kentucky is beautiful.
If you get a chance, go North on 31W a little ways to West Point.
As a teenager, I spent time there with my grandfather who lived about 2 blocks from the river. I was born and raised in Lexington.
Small world.
Frank N6CES

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019, 9:41 PM Gary Kohtala via Groups.Io <gary.k7ek=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes, of course, however there is a mentality afoot that repeatedly attacks FT8  (and other things they don't understand, not taking time to get the facts).  This is quite rampant and it's difficult to separate the humor from the haters. Sorry if I overreacted. I use FT8 quite regularly and find it quite awesome. For those that don't support FT8 or other modes, please don't belittle those that do. I am sure that is reciprocal in that each amateur makes personal choices. Check out FT8. You will like it. FT8 fits in perfectly for QRP and QRPp work as it is a weak signal mode. Soapbox off.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Radcliff, KY (EM77at)

Sent from BlueMail