Re: Learning KiCad at Ozarkcon

Tim N9PUZ

Walter,

When are the KiCAD sessions to be held?

Tim N9PUZ

On 3/14/2019 1:10 PM, Walter - K5EST wrote:
Hi Everyone, at Ozarkcon this year is a really great chance to learn how to use
KiCad for making professional PCB layouts and 3D printing for your cabinets for radio gear!

KiCad works for SMD or THT components, ground planes, and lots of other great features. KiCad is as easy to use for schematic capture, PCB layout and it even gives a 3D rendering of the assembled board. PCB are easy to order direct from China. Download KiCad (see below) and bring along your pc; we'll work on a project together.

KiCad now has a push and shove router which is capable of routing differential pairs and interactively.
tuning trace lengths.

3D printing is a very cool new technology that kids are learning in middle and high school to make small cabinets, paddles for keyers, etc.  Download and install FreeCad to follow along. Working with 3D is not as difficult at you think.

Barry Buelow - WØIY has 2 time sections of learning this great software for
us at Ozarkcon. Bring your laptops to follow along with the presentations.

You can download KiCad for free at http://kicad-pcb.org/

What computer OS do you use? Can I use my computer?
Here is the page that gives the info: http://kicad-pcb.org/download/
AND for you Chromebook owners, yes it is possible to run KiCad,

Will KiCad get me away from dead-bug construction? Well, it sure has
a good chance of me changing my ancient ways :-)

Here is a link to FreeCad:      https://www.freecadweb.org/

See you all at Branson.......it's gonna be fun!

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention