Re: DMR at Ozarkcon

Don, W9EBK

A voice transmitter is required.  Usually SSB, although FM will work if allowed. I can't think of any digital mode you can use on a cw only transmitter,  other than CW.
The good news is your CW receive would work if you want to give receiving a try.  Just feed the audio into a computer mic jack and run free software like FLdigi.

Don, W9EBK

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019, 2:27 PM Jeff Collins <w7grv@... wrote:
Dear All,

     I have not played with digital much (at all really).

     Do they work the same as CW or SSB? Basically can you work Digital
Modes on a CW only transceiver or do you need SSB?

     I have tried to find an answer online but really did not find what
I was looking for.

Thank you,

Jeffrey R. Collins - W7GRV
FCC(SW) USN, Ret.