Re: HT20/portable progress report.

Walter - K5EST

Congrats, what a catch and the Xmas tree holder should get gold plated :-)

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - QRPcw
4 State QRP Group #40 - JARL QRP Club #845
Coordinator, Ozarkcon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 7:08 PM W6BOW via Groups.Io <DBuckter=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear All,

Just signed with W5IQS (Evan) in TX.
He gave me a 599 which I think was probable because his sigs were 599++ here in SF.
I had to crank down the RF gain.

The point here being that I was operating in full portable configuration.
My HT20 to a very simple "all band mobile vertical" (mounted in a Xmas tree holder) placed on the hood of my Isuzu SUV.

Did I catch "lightening on a bottle "with this QSO and outstanding report?

Stay tuned in.

73,

Don - W6BOW
San Francisco CA usa