Getting good to go ...

W6BOW

Dear All,

Attached find pics of my work in progress portable Hilltopper 20 setup.

I think I got a call from a station in Hawaii earlier today running the HT20 to a 6' all band mobile antenna at ground level in front of the QTH.
He/she was very faint. Can't wait to get out and about portable in more DX favorable locals.

I've had more than passing success working back East /Mid-West/South-East/ and North to Alaska using my all bander doublet.

I'm impressed by the steadily growing interest in QRP (I started with the Tent\Tec PM1. Remember that seminal rig?) over the years and in spite of propagation's vagaries .
I am coming to appreciate how much depends upon what is or is not happening on the Sun and/or up in the ionosphere.

I'll be QRT for three weeks while on R&R (Rest and Reunion with XYL's family) in Thailand.

CU next year in Branson I hope.

73

Don - W6BOW
San Francisco  CA  USA