Re: Getting good to go ...

Thomas Martin

Don
You have a picture with the mini60 antenna analyzer what do you think of it.

Tom
K0amd

On Mar 30, 2019, at 7:41 PM, Brian Crittendon via Groups.Io <aaa5mi@...> wrote:

I Still have my PM1. Bought it when my Dad made me sell my tube rig because the electric bill doubled. I was WN8IOP back in 71.

On Saturday, March 30, 2019, 6:53:54 PM EDT, W6BOW via Groups.Io <DBuckter@...> wrote:

Dear All,

Attached find pics of my work in progress portable Hilltopper 20 setup.

I think I got a call from a station in Hawaii earlier today running the HT20 to a 6' all band mobile antenna at ground level in front of the QTH.
He/she was very faint. Can't wait to get out and about portable in more DX favorable locals.

I've had more than passing success working back East /Mid-West/South-East/ and North to Alaska using my all bander doublet.

I'm impressed by the steadily growing interest in QRP (I started with the Tent\Tec PM1. Remember that seminal rig?) over the years and in spite of propagation's vagaries .
I am coming to appreciate how much depends upon what is or is not happening on the Sun and/or up in the ionosphere.

I'll be QRT for three weeks while on R&R (Rest and Reunion with XYL's family) in Thailand.

CU next year in Branson I hope.

73

Don - W6BOW
San Francisco  CA  USA