Re: Learning KiCad at Ozarkcon

cornhusker

I brought both programs on thumb drive.  Windows version.  Only took 25 seconds to download on fiber!
73 de K0NEB

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 4:57 PM, Nick Kennedy
<kennnick@...> wrote:
I'm giving it a shot too. My only possibly suitable laptop is a little notebook I put Debian on a couple years ago. I forgot everything it taught me about Linux so I had to spend a whole day learning how to upgrade to the latest release of Debian and then a bit more time to install Kicad. But I'm there!

If this gets me to the point where I can join the crowd doing boards and having them fabbed at a nice price, I'm gonna be a happy homebrewer.

73-

Nick, WA5BDU

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:59 PM Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:
For what it's worth KiCad appears to install and run just fine on Ubuntu
V18.10

Tim N9PUZ