Re: Anti Static soldering mats

wohlsson .

Yes, these silicone mats are nice for bench work/kit building. I have been using the one
below now for a few months. Grand kids orginally bought one for craft projects and I was
attracted to the large 1/2" sides to contain things. Also the large working area allow me to
also place test equipment/tools on the work area and still have lots of space. I use a anti-static
wrist band when needed.

Bill.....wa8bda

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:55 PM Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:
We have rolls of material that look similar at work. They cut it to size for the work area but then the corner gets punched and a snap terminal installed which has a lead connecting it to ground.

I've been starting to look for a small anti-static mat for my home bench and these that were mentioned look nice since they have the raised edge to help keep things from escaping.

Tim N9PUZ

On 4/14/2019 5:05 PM, AG1P Ron wrote:

I was wondering same thing - From Amazon page -

This is silicone anti static mat, but its just static resistant, If you want ESD protection with your body, you can use it with an anti static wrist band

72 - Ron - AG1P