Re: Eagle Parts Library for QRP projects?

Nick Kennedy <kennnick@...>

I've found the same thing, Curt. Using ExpressPCB to make SMT toner transfer designs, the footprints that are standard are no-doubt fine for machine assembly or paste & heat, but if you are using a soldering iron you long for a bit more room to put down your soldering iron tip and solder without disturbing the part.

Those little SOT23-3 transistors and regulators are especially difficult. But even big ole 1206 parts can benefit from a bit more foil. So I do make a lot of custom parts, sometimes starting with what came with the program and making the pads larger if there's room.

73-

Nick, WA5BDU