OzarkCon

WØIY <barry.w0iy@...>

All,

I want to say I had a great time at OzarkCon!  Everyone I talked to was very friendly and interesting.

I hope you all enjoyed the presentation on KiCad. There is a lot to learn and I really had to go through it rather quickly. This really was just a Show and Tell to give you an idea of the features and power of the tool. There are many more features which I did not discuss and probably questions from you which didn't get asked or answered. I'm just a KiCad user and disciple spreading the word.

If you want to know more, here are a few links you will find of interest.

https://forum.kicad.info/ This is a great place to get help. Lots of new users showing up on a daily basis. If you have a question, it may have been answered, so please search before posting. You will need to create an account and login.

==========  YouTube Videos =============

The current version of KiCad is V5.x   and many of the videos on YouTube are older V3 or V4.  If the video is dated before about June 2018, the info MAY NOT BE ACCURATE. There are still good videos for basic things that are a year or 2 old.

I recommend 2 particular presenters, you can search for them by name and see what they have.

Chris Gammel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTyi3RvNoB0

There are also a number of videos made by Shawn Hymel for Digi-Key.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=digikey+kicad

Thanks again for inviting me to OzarkCon and I hope I was able to contribute to the event and the group!

Barry WØIY