Re: OzarkCon

Johnny AC0BQ

Thank you Barry for great presentation.
I was quite amazed at what Ki-Cad could do, even though my lap top had other idea's.

We may consider some additional smaller seminars next year, but right now were just try to breathe a sign of relief!

Thanks for the recommendations of the other possible speakers.

72
and Thanks again
Johnny AC0BQ

Were glad you had fun

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 5:40 PM WØIY <barry.w0iy@...> wrote:
All,

I want to say I had a great time at OzarkCon!  Everyone I talked to was
very friendly and interesting.

I hope you all enjoyed the presentation on KiCad. There is a lot to
learn and I really had to go through it rather quickly. This really was
just a Show and Tell to give you an idea of the features and power of
the tool. There are many more features which I did not discuss and
probably questions from you which didn't get asked or answered. I'm just
a KiCad user and disciple spreading the word.

If you want to know more, here are a few links you will find of interest.

==========  KiCad Forums  ============

https://forum.kicad.info/ This is a great place to get help. Lots of new
users showing up on a daily basis. If you have a question, it may have
been answered, so please search before posting. You will need to create
an account and login.

==========  YouTube Videos =============

The current version of KiCad is V5.x   and many of the videos on YouTube
are older V3 or V4.  If the video is dated before about June 2018, the
info MAY NOT BE ACCURATE. There are still good videos for basic things
that are a year or 2 old.

I recommend 2 particular presenters, you can search for them by name and
see what they have.

Chris Gammel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTyi3RvNoB0

There are also a number of videos made by Shawn Hymel for Digi-Key.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=digikey+kicad

Thanks again for inviting me to OzarkCon and I hope I was able to
contribute to the event and the group!

Barry WØIY

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"