Re: W5LFL, ham astronaut passes

Sorry to hear that.

I recall that his operation from Columbia was a rather big deal and even
got a nice full page article in the Washington County (Kansas) News. I
was a newly licensed Novice so I couldn't take part and I didn't have a
2m radio at the time, but I remember the QST cover and article of Owen
in W5LFL. Several years later a job took me to Enid, OK, Owen's home
town where the main esat/west highway is named Owen K. Garriott.
Nothing special, just a personal memory.

God Speed, Owen, 73 es R.I.P., OM.

72, Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us GPG key: D55A8819 GitHub: N0NB