Re: How do I best operate a 4S-Tuner with a Doublet antenna ?

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII

Speaking of magic/fun, and antenna experimentation, and balanced wire feedline... you might consider adding a z-match tuner to your arsenal of ham goodies. Something like:

Both tuners are great designs, but are targeted at different types of antennas. A tuner like this one may be a better choice for your balanced feedline.

Try both -- experiment! WSPR and/or the RBN can help you evaluate how things are working. Have fun!

Jeff N0̸MII

On Apr 16, 2019, at 9:34 PM, jleahy00 via Groups.Io <jleahy00@...> wrote:

I have been using WSPR for a couple of years now to check the effectiveness of my antennas for TX & RX.  In just a few minutes you can see just how your system is working, make some changes and re-test.

On Apr 16, 2019, at 16:37, Frank Perkins <N6CES.r@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
Antennas are the magic part of ham radio.
Your 4sqrp tuner is a great one, basically designed for use with a "random length wire" antenna and a counterpoise wire.

--
Jeff N0̷MII