Re: re :Magic box build, no sidetone

Jim Kortge

On 4/28/2019 10:26 AM, Kenneth Ketner via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Jim

You nailed it. That transistor had a short. Tested it with my Peak semiconductor tester. I stuck in another one. Now it toots quite well.

I am working to put together a Kortge transceiver using your class e tx, your rx, your audio filter and your variable xo, all linked with your magic box.

Your designs and manuals are great. Hope you will make more.

Thanks for the kind words Ken.  I'm getting too long in the tooth to do many more designs.  By the way, I have designed 3D printed cases for the MagicBox and SS-40 Rx/Tx combo if you have a way of printing them; you have a printer, local library has one, your UPS store has one etc.

Glad you found the defective transistor.  That is a rare failure; almost never happens with bipolar transistors.

72 and be well,

Jim, K8IQY