Re: 40m Net

Ruth A Mumaw

I hope your coax was NOT connected to any of your radios, because with a close strike there is such a current surge or "sympathetic" strike that you could have damage too. Take it from an old commercial radio serviceman, I have seen it happen. My antennas are disconnected and grounded until I use them!!!  Russ   K3NLT

On May 1, 2019 at 10:03 AM dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

Hi everybody,
I'll do my best to hold the 40m net tonight but it would be good if someone else was on standby for NCS.
We are expecting more storms tonight, and after what happened last night I'm going to err on the side of caution.
I was standing in my garage after the storms had apparently cleared when a lightning bolt hit my neighbor's house.
That bright bolt and the crack and the smoke and the sparks were a frightening sight. It took out almost everything electronic in his house. I think my pacemaker skipped a beat and glad my defibrillator didn't go off. I hope to hear you tonight but if it's stormy, I'll see you next week.

Bill
KV6Z