Re: 40m Net

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Chas and the Group
We’re having some thunder and light rain in Lebo, so I’m not connecting the tower for the 80 meter Net tonight.

You guys jump on if you can and have fun.
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 7:06 PM Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was hoping to get on the nets tonight but here near KC we have thunderstorms.  I have my own little 50 lb alarm named Daisy.  She goes crazy when storms are nearby.  Of course, I too can hear some rumbles off in the distance.  I will check around net time to see if things have improved.  I think I’ll use my QCX.  Don’t care so much if it get fried.  80 meters may be a bigger struggle.  All more expensive rigs and of course, 80 is a lot noisier at the outset.

Chas - NK8O

On May 1, 2019, at 9:03 AM, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

Hi everybody,
I'll do my best to hold the 40m net tonight but it would be good if someone else was on standby for NCS.
We are expecting more storms tonight, and after what happened last night I'm going to err on the side of caution.
I was standing in my garage after the storms had apparently cleared when a lightning bolt hit my neighbor's house.
That bright bolt and the crack and the smoke and the sparks were a frightening sight. It took out almost everything electronic in his house. I think my pacemaker skipped a beat and glad my defibrillator didn't go off. I hope to hear you tonight but if it's stormy, I'll see you next week.

Bill
KV6Z

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.