Re: Magnifying head loupe

Jim Sheldon

I've had one of these for a year or so now and I don't always use it as the headband is sometimes a little uncomfortable for me, but when I really need fine, strong, magnification and a light right on the job (especially the really little SMD parts) this is the one I go to.

I got it from somewhere else, but I've now bookmarked the sciplus.com website.  The advertising humor IS refreshing and they appear to have a lot of good, usable stuff available for pretty reasonable prices.

Jim, W0EB

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 5/5/2019 1:17:07 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Magnifying head loupe

Dear K8WPE and K8WPE ,

Based on your insights I just ordered a unit.

I gotta admire the ad copy person for her/his ...

"Forget watchmaking, you could write the "A Tale of Two Cities" on a piece of tortellini with this triple magnifier visor. … Now then: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…" 

73 and "Manja tutti"!

Don - W6BOW
San Francisco  CA  USA

-----Original Message-----
To: 4 State QRP <main@4sqrp.groups.io>; QRP-L Mailing List <qrp-l@...>; Qrp-tech <qrp-tech@groups.io>; Randall Wood <randallnwood@...>; Carolyn Mark Kristof <mkristof@...>; Ed Ketterer <edkett@...>; Erlewein Joe Joseph R. & Kaylee <joe@...>; Joe Schnaidt <only1kc8rlu@...>; Poinsett CARC David <dpoinsett@...>; Tom Olman <trawler2@...>; Jeffrey Peters <dek9jp@...>; Vince Festa <festvinny@...>; GQRP Club <gqrp@...>
Sent: Sun, May 5, 2019 6:32 am
Subject: [4SQRP] Magnifying head loupe

A few days ago someone on one of these sites recommended an inexpensive head loupe.

I ordered one for my grand son thinking that for $8.75 plus shipping ($16.65 total) I couldn't lose much.  I received it yesterday and was amazed.  It isn't built as well as my professional more expensive set but it has a flip down extra lens inside and a rotatable front extra lens, has a built in light that works very well, and I am so impressed I will order one for my build kit go box.  If it breaks in 10 years or I lose it nothing lost.  Check it out.  I have no commercial interest in this company.  And they sent it UPS Priority Shipping with a nice catalog inside too.

Dave K8WPE

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.