Re: Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 05/08/2019 # cal-notice

Ruth A Mumaw

Brian, good afternoon.

Yes I think I know what happened. Toward the end of our QSO there were times you dropped out and I missed a letter or two, so I think I dropped out to you as I was saying that "my QTH is Broadway, VA in the NW part of VA". Actually I often say in "The Shenandoah Valley of VA" which better describes my location. Let me know when you find the best time for your life schedule for a repeat QSO. I would love to chat more with you about the K2 radios.

Russ K3NLT

On May 8, 2019 at 9:51 PM KB9BVN - <kb9bvn@gmail.com> wrote:

Russ

I thought I copied VA as your QTH the first go around and then I thought
I heard you say you were in NW PA....hahaha...my ears are playing tricks
tonight

I have not checked in here before, I am in EDT zone and usually headed
to bed by net time....I get up at 5AM for work and need a LOT of beauty
rest....a true face for radio.

TNX for the QSO!  Card in the mail.

de KB9BVN

On 5/8/2019 9:42 PM, Ruth A Mumaw wrote:
Yes Brian, nice meeting you. I don't think I heard you on net before, but you may have been. I am only available every other week on Wed. nite. I guess Bill resigned so suddenly that a new NCS has not been appointed. Also they are having strong T-storms and no 80 meter net either tonite. Russ K3NLT in Broadway, VA.

On May 8, 2019 at 9:28 PM KB9BVN - <kb9bvn@gmail.com> wrote:

There were many stations ready to QNI but I don't think anyone heard the
NCS.

I did have a great QSO with Russ K3NLT after everyone left.  K2 to K2 at
5w each.  Central Indiana to NW PA off my attic dipole.

Thanks for hearing me Russ!

de KB9BVN

On 5/8/2019 9:22 PM, wa4dou@juno.com wrote:
NCS not heard, even faintly, here in eastern NC, on 7122 kHz, although several stations in the eastern half of the US were heard clearly. Will look for the 80 meter net in 8-9 mins.

73 Roy WA4DOU

Drink 1 Cup Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy
mayserve-magestor.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5cd381096aafb109735cst01vuc