Re: Hilltopper 20

Jerry Pereira <digilink@...>

Thanks Don, sorry to hear of the poor conditions. I’ll keep looking but for the cost it may still be worth the chance etc.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 10:08 PM Don Pitchford <donw9ebk@...> wrote:
Jerry,
Since you asked,  I'll tell you my story.  I built a Hilltopper 20, along with a 20 meter end fed half wave antenna, travel paddle,  etc to take with me on a trip to Hawaii. For the 9 days I was on Kauai the sun didn't produce a single sun spot,  the solar flux hovered around 68, and my QSO count remained at 0. A Hilltopper 40 would have been a much better idea. I still think the Hilltopper 20 is a good radio and look forward to making some contacts on it this summer.
Don, W9EBK

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019, 1:56 PM Jerry Pereira <digilink@...> wrote:
What has been your experience with the above rig in terms of making contacts.
Thanks,
Jerry - K4KBL