Re: 3D Printing

KR0NS

I have used two printers.

The first is the DaVinci 1.0 by XYZ printing. It is ABS only and was the cheapest printer available at time of purchase.
Replacing the proprietary firmware made the printer usable (Repetier host + Repetier firmware).
Part finish is not great but usually good enough and I've made many functional parts with it.
The main cost of this printer is in the time that you'll have to invest getting the process and settings, both software and mechanical, correct.

The second printer I've used (but not owned) is the Ultimaker3.
In stark contrast to my experience with the DaVInci, this printer required very little adjustment and those that were required were partially automated.
Find (create) a model, load the (expensive) filament, and print.
It just works. And the prints are beautiful.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. What you're unwilling to pay for in cash, you'll pay for with your time or do without.

KR0NS