Re: 3D Printing

I have used a few printers.

I currently use a Ender3 but unlike KR0NS I got way more than I paid for. I have added a few mods to it like a BLtouch and it works great. The overall print quality of any printer is based on more than just the printer.

You will have a learning curve to get the settings right, line width, line height and more.

The filament is another big factor in prints. I have tested more than a few and have found Esun and HatchBox to be worth the 2-3$ over the cheap stuff. Inland has been o.k. too just stay away from amazon basics they are very hit or miss.

The slicer you choose can also make a difference from a good experience and a bad one. I have been using cura and its a good starting software but I will be moving to simplified 3d very soon.

If you take your time learn the machine and what settings do what you will have a good time with them.

In the current market you can get into a solid printer for under 300$. The "you get what you pay for" is not always true in the printing world, just do your research and find one that fits your budget and has a good community.

The DaVinci line has had issue over the years, so has some of the monoprice printers. If I had to buy one again it would be another creality ender or CR10 they are very good and can load custom firmware which is a huge bonus.

David

  N8DAH

Kit-Projects.com

Shop now open!