Re: Field Day

davemrtn <davemrtn@...>

Late Saturday afternoon, I fired up my KX2 on 20 Meters and in a pretty short time I had made 5 contacts using SSB Phone.

2 to Florida, 2 to West Virginia and 1 to Ohio.

All using the internal battery.

It was fun, but I needed to shutoff the radio and get back to what I was working on.

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
Neither Time nor Energy can be Recycled or Reused, don't waste either.

On 6/24/2019 20:32, Tom Sevart wrote:

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019, 08:50 John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

A person who knows CW might consider using SSB at 5 Watts a lot more
difficult to make a contact than when using CW.

It certainly was for me during field day.  I had my BitX20a with me, and couldn't make one contact at 10w, but made several contacts using CW at 2W.  However, during an actual emergency I'd rather use SSB than CW, but hopefully in an emergency I wouldn't have to try to break a pileup.