Re: Cryptographic signatures

AD0QM <jeff@...>

The problem with mailing lists is the contents gets mangled while being sent out by the mailing list software. If the list has different max widths than you when signing you can get bad results. Signing really only works when the thing you sign is an attachment. It's been the biggest complaint about PGP style email signatures next to how to build your web of trust.

When I use PGP for sending emails I only get consistent results by sending a message saying "Please see attachment for contents of message" and never using PGP for mailing lists.

Jeff

PS I'm sure the signature on this response will come up bad too.

On June 30, 2019 10:47:34 AM CDT, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:
Looking at the parent message my email client, neomutt, reports a bad
signature. Apparently, this is not unique to this list but I get the
same result from other groups.io lists as well. Sigh...

72, Nate