Re: Cryptographic signatures

As I understand it now, Groups.io munges the email body by inserting its
own footer at the end of the message. Since the cryptographic signature
does not include this extra text, the signature test fails with the
result being a bad signature. The footer, as Groups.io calls it, cannot
be removed as mentioned in the FAQ at the bottom of this page:

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Footers

I am subscribed to many other lists, mostly about Linux or software
development on Linux and all pass the signed data correctly. Even our
club mailing list hosted on QTH.net passes it correctly and adds a footer
that is separate from the signed message body.

Anyway, I wanted to close this thread and say that what I thought would
be a useful tool for us is made useless by the mailing list host.

72, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us GPG key: D55A8819 GitHub: N0NB