Re: Any QRP Voice Nets?

Charles W. Powell

Jeff,

I think it’s always worth asking how you are trying to learn CW? Using a program? Which one? What is the character speed and effective speed? While there may be folks who *can’t* learn Morse code, I’m in the corner of those who believe that almost anyone *can* learn it, when correctly taught.

Can you expound a bit on where you are going with Morse? You may be going too fast/too slow or some other obstacle.

You are absolutely right about QRP and SSB, at least with band conditions the way they are. I will say though that one of my very few SSB contacts, back in 2012 when the bands were a lot better, I made a contact with 5 watts to Arizona (from Kansas) and the fellow at the other end simply would not believe I was running 5 watts. But in 2012 the bands were not in the absolute depths of the propagation cesspool.

I did see in the later responses that there are folks who participate in some QRP voice nets.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Jul 3, 2019, at 12:11 AM, Jeff Collins <w7grv@...> wrote:

Dear All,

Other than the DMR Net are there any QRP Voice Nets for us that has some kind of brain blockage that is not allowing us to learn CW (have attempted to learn in more than one way)?

In CW I am up to 3 letters and hour...but it is the same 3 letters over and over. :)

On the flip side I am going to try and listen on on the CW nets...just because.

Thank you,

Jeffrey R. Collins - W7GRV
FCC(SW) USN, Ret.
BS, EMT-P, FF I/II