Re: Electronic visual aids for working with SMD (i.e. microscopes)

W4OED

In these cameras, the zoom is digital (controlled by the software) and the focal point is optical (controlled on the camera).

With mine, I worked as close as a few millimeters from the PCB to as far as more than an inch.

I could get magnification from 40x to over 250x, depending on the setting of the focal point.

In addition, using a large monitor helps to see small details better than a phone or tablet.

I learned that zooming and focus varies with each camera type and price range, so I suggest downloading the User's Guide before buying.

73 de W4OED
Oscar