Re: I saw a Gene Autry show

K4CEH

I have a CD here with a Roy Rogers and a Gene Autry movie.  When I was a kid we could get in the local theater
on Saturday for nine cents.  Why that price really don't know.  For your hard-earned cash you got to see a drama
film, then a Western, then a newsreel, then an adventure serial, then a cartoon -- and even the previews for upcoming
films were worth watching.  The era was the late forties.

Chuck, K4CEH
82 the next time around.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Everett Catlin via Groups.Io <everettcatlin=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The name of the 4SQRP group Murania came from the Gene Autry movie serial the "Phantom Empire" You can see all twelve of the episodes http://arcive.org. Then search "Phantom Empire". Look for the box that says episodes 1-12 and have a great time.You will find the Origin of the radio's name and where the atomic symbol on the Murania comes from. My Murania is a daily user. I listen to WSM Nashville and 1280 kcs  out of Columbia. At night I have heard WLS, Alanta and many other DX broadcast stations. If you don't have one get one you will have fun.

73
Everett Catlin N5MZX 4SQRP No. 1314