Re: The Lightbulb QSO Party

J.K. Wright

I suspect larger bulb = more filament length and better transmission, just like "the more wire in the air, the better"
Jerry, NK2C

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 12:05 PM W6BOW via Groups.Io <DBuckter=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Gary,

I haven't a final solution to your interesting question. My guess is that efficiency would increase with increased bulb wattage rating due to less energy loss in heating the filament assuming that the "bulb" is a filament type?

I happened upon the following conversion table most "illuminating" while pondering your query …

How to convert watts to lumens

73

Don Buckter - W6BOW
San Francisco  CA  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Kohtala via Groups.Io <gary.k7ek=yahoo.com@groups.io>
To: main <main@4sqrp.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Aug 12, 2019 9:18 pm
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] The Lightbulb QSO Party

If one uses a 100w bulb instead of a 6w bulb will the resulting signal be significantly stronger? 😉🙈

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Sent from BlueMail
On Aug 9, 2019, at 19:20, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:
Sounds good to me. I have used a 6 watt exit light bulb and socket as a dummy load and it worked fine. I used it once with a home brewed tuner and tuned for full brilliance hi hi de Paul

Sent from Outlook