Re: The Lightbulb QSO Party

John T. Fitzer

Please be careful using higher wattage bulbs for dummy loads. I fear someone’s hearing may be damaged if you were to use a 1KW projection lamp with a 1 watt transmitter, not to mention the possible damage to one’s eyes from looking at the extremely bright light. Ah yes I think we may have figured out the answer to the worlds energy, just use a bigger load.   73. 1415926535

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of W6BOW via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:06 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] The Lightbulb QSO Party

Gary,

I haven't a final solution to your interesting question. My guess is that efficiency would increase with increased bulb wattage rating due to less energy loss in heating the filament assuming that the "bulb" is a filament type?

I happened upon the following conversion table most "illuminating" while pondering your query …

How to convert watts to lumens

73

Don Buckter - W6BOW

San Francisco  CA  USA