Re: Hilltopper

Jim Pruitt

Hello Bob.

As Terry indicated, go to the 4SQRP main page at:
http://www.4sqrp.com/index.php
and select the "Shop Four State QRP Kits" tab on the left which takes you to:
http://www.4sqrp.com/kitIndex.php
in that page do down to either "K1SWL Hilltopper 40" link
which takes you to:
http://www.4sqrp.com/hilltopper-40.php

or select "K1SWL Hilltopper 20" link in/on that kit index page which takes you to:
http://www.4sqrp.com/hilltopper20.php

As someone else indicated we only have 40 meter and 20 meter versions right now but there is information in the files section of the Hilltopper (groups.io) subgroup that has the ATMega328P (Arduino chip) INO firmware file and also conversion information for 30 meters.  At this time the kit you order comes with a top panel that indicates that it is either a Hilltopper 40 or a Hilltopper 20.  The kits are $90 usd plus postage ($7.90 for USPS priority mail within the USA).  I only have 6 kits left.  They are Hilltopper20's but if someone orders a Hilltopper40 then I remove the 20 meter parts and replace them with 40 meter parts (and top panel).

Thank you for your interest and support.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

On 9/13/2019 11:05 AM, Bob Nelson via Groups.Io wrote:

Jim,
I'm very late hearing about the Hilltopper.
Where can I get more description, and an
order form or instructions?

Tnx es 73,
Bob - K6KL

On Friday, September 13, 2019, 12:45:20 PM CDT, Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@...> wrote:

As a heads up: Just in case anyone is undecided about ordering the
Hilltopper be aware that I only have 8 kits left.  There has been talk
of another short run but even if that happens it will take time to get
the parts and boards ordered and in hand  and get them kitted and there
is no guarantee that the group will do another run. If the Hilltopper is
on your list but you have not ordered it yet, you might consider
ordering it now before they are gone.  Dave Benson did a terrific job on
this kit.

Thank you for your support.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

On 9/12/2019 10:14 PM, Leland L. Bahr wrote:
> I just ordered a 40 meter Hilltopper and have not built my 20 meter
> version yet!  Curt, KB5JO, a friend of mine, keeps telling me how much
> fun he is having with his 20 meter version.  So even though I have not
> built the first one, I did not want to miss out in being able to get a
> 40 meter version.  I can see, there is a lot a merit in simplicity.
> The Hilltopper is well laid out and the instruction manual is great.
snip