Re: Nouveau 75 sensitivity

Dave Benson

Chas-

That's probably OK.  Typical gains for AM detectors run about -15 dB, that is, 15 dB of loss. You'll see much the same behavior reflected in Elecraft's sensitivity specs for AM reception.

- the other Dave- K1SWL

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 5:25 PM WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
Hi Chas,

I think that's abt right.  Dave will probably weigh in on the subject.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 10/12/2019 11:37 AM, Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io wrote:
Has anyone measured the sensitivity of the Nouveau 75 receiver?  I do not have precision measuring equipment but I have an Elecraft signal generator that gives me 0 dBm, -33 dBm, -77 dBm and -107 dBm.  At -33 dBm I get a good focal signal.  At -77 dBm the signal is there but weak.  At -107 dBm there is nothing at all.  Is this is the range of what I should expect, or should I start troubleshooting the receiver?

73,

Chas - NK8O