Re: QRPGuys help site?

Leland Lannoye

Dave:

I know I can't see all that well.?? I also know I don't know everything.?? I also know that I haven't been getting the memos especially since I have been older.?? However, I have worked hard, studied extensively and have a basic understanding of how this stuff works.?? I guess this type of thing comes from the plug and play mentality and a lack of undestanding of how all the basic stuff works.

I just couldn't shut up afte reading your latest email.

Lee, W9HIF

On 11/2/2019 15:21, Dave Benson wrote:
Brian-

The Nouveau-75 conveys information (your voice) by Amplitude Modulating its carrier signal.?? PSK, by contrast, is expecting a steady signal- a tone with phase reversals to signal 1s and 0s. A setup listening for PSK signals from an AM rig won't decode anything intelligible.

There's also the matter of the bandwidth it uses.?? Your transmitted AM signal has both upper and lower sidebands present at equal power levels.?? It may well cause QRM to other operators up to 5-6 kHz away, and that's less-than- ideal practice in the digital portion of the band.

73- (The Other) Dave- K1SWL

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 2:59 PM Brian Crittendon via Groups.Io <aaa5mi=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there any reason we couldn't use this radio with PSK?
--
Lee, W9HIF
The station of the Scary Ghost Stories and Tales of the Glories of Ham Radio long, long ago.